Things to Know
- The Quilters Guild of Arlington is having a quilt show in April 22-23rd. Entries are due March 21st. Get your quilts in. If you have a quilt chosen, let us know and you could be a featured member on the blog. Click here for more information.
- The Oklahoma City Museum of Art has the Quilts of Color exhibit until February 7th. Check it out before it returns to Boston. Click here for more information.
2016 Medallion Quilt Along:
This year, for our 2016 Quilt Along, we will be making a medallion quilt. You have a lot of freedom to do what you want with this quilt. We know some of you were all for following the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild Medallion QAL from 2015, and some of you were chomping at the bit to create your own quilt. We can not wait to see what all of your creative brains come up with!
Things to know:
- Each month you complete a border on the challenge, you will have your name entered in for the grand prize at the end.
- Each month we will have one member spotlight featuring a QAL medallion. Names will be drawn at random. If you would like to enter your name for chance to be featured, please email your name and a picture of your up to date quilt to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may only be chosen once
- The center block is due at the February meeting. If you are following the Seattle MQG QAL, you will be making a 12.5 inch block.
- If you share pictures of your progress on Instagram, tag your post with #FWMQG2016QAL so we can see your work.
Show and Share:
Ann and Jenn showed off our Trinity River Quilt Con Charity Quilt. We will have a blog post up soon to show off the true amazingness of this quilt, but for now, thank you to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for donating the fabric we used to make our quilt.
We love when our members and guests show off their amazing work. We are so lucky to be surrounded by talented people who want to share the love of their craft with others.
Our next meeting is February 18th at the UNT Health Science Center room 506. Remember we have social time from 6:30-7. Business will begin at 7.
- Medallion Quilt Centers are due next month
- If you would like to become a member, pay your $40 dues to Jenn at the meeting, and fill out the information sheet on our website. The button is on the right.