Refer to our "Challenges" page for our modified guidelines and click here for more info on the national challenge guidelines. To participate in the national challenge, post your pictures on the Community site Fabric Challenge forum located here. Look for the sticky threads up top for WIP and finished pictures.
Community Service Projects
We discussed three 2014 community service projects that we'll be accepting contributions for throughout the year:
- Pillow cases
- Orphan blocks to assemble for quilt donations.
- Economy blocks with bright kid-friendly prints. You could fussy cut novelty fabric for the centers. Please follow this tutorial so we end up with identically sized blocks!
We are also accepting donations of batting and backing fabric. And if you would like to assemble or quilt the finished blocks, let us know!
Half-Square Triangle Demos
In support of the February HST star block, we did demos of four different ways to create HSTs. Here are some links to refer to for more information:
- 2 HSTs at a time with details on trimming to size via SewManyWays
- 4 HSTs at a time via SewMamaSew
- 8 HSTs at a time via SewMamaSew
- 18 HSTs at a time (paper-pieced) via KatiesQuiltingCorner (great for tiny HSTs!)
- HST specialty tools and good writeups on each via ConnectingThreads
- Some HST math tables for 2 and 4 HSTs via BlossomHeartQuilts