We voted unanimously to increase our yearly dues and to formally adopt the VP of Communications and VP of Events as a part of our governing board as written in the bylaws . The board continues to work on revising the bylaws. Once that task is completed, the proposed changes will be voted on by general membership and the bylaws will be permalinked here on the blog in their entirety for reference.
Heather Pregger gave us a lesson on quilt photography. Heather is an accomplished quilter, having had quilts accepted in many shows, magazines and exhibitions. Her steps for good quilt photography:
1. Hang the quilt on a non distracting background (solid white, grey, or black)
2. No visible body parts
3. Make sure the quilt is hung square
4. Use a tripod and a timer on your camera for the clearest picture
5. Level your camera with the middle of the quilt to maintain proper perspective
6. Lighting is key. Use two sources of color true lighting pointed at the quilt from opposite directions.
7. Ensure that all edges of the quilt are seen in the photograph
8. Take lots of pictures in the largest size (max pixels) your camera offers.
9. Save originals and modify copies to the event's speicifications
We had the big reveal of the #FWMQGrainbowminiswap. Members work most of the summer on a rainbow mini quilt for a secret partner. So many amazing quilts were made for this swap. A huge thank you to Ann and Jenn for coordinating the swap for the guild.
Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs designed the March 2015 MQG quilt of the month. She graciously provided a B&W coloring page of her quilt 'Use Your Illusion'. We spent some time socializing and coloring in our own designs. It was super fun to see how we individually interpreted the quilt design. Thank you so much for the inspiration Cheryl!
Time for Show And Share
Maureen shared this gorgeous quilt she is working on for her sister. I adore the pieced garden back (complete with chicken coop!!)
More pictures will be uploaded to the guild's Instagram account @fortworthmqg later today!