First up, we showed off our Medallions! They are beautiful!!
There are a couple of people following the Medallion instructions that were created by the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild, so I went over the instructions for the next round of borders. Instructions can be found here.
Next, Gayla shared about the Charity Outreach we are involved in. We will continue to support ACH Child and Family Services with pillowcases and Transitioning Women's Lives (formerly known as YWCA) with nap mats or small quilts for their daycare center. The guild members set target goals for this year and they are:
150 standard pillowcases
100 Nap mats (sizes 24”x36”, 36”x48, or 24”x48”)
For our programming, Chris Atwell, Jenn Haxton, and Lizzie Scagel demonstrated how to make pillowcases using the sausage burrito roll method. Here is a link to 1 of many video examples and a link to lots of free patterns.
If you go to the following link, you can see that ACH is in need of supplies. If you could place a couple of these items in each pillow case you turn in they would appreciate it!
For the grand finale, our amazing, talented quilters shared with us what they have been working on. Take a look!
A new practice that will be done each month, is the following General Information will be published on the back of the meeting agenda. ***Take note of our March speaker, and the start of our Sewcials on the 2nd Saturday mornings and 4th Monday evenings in March.
- Pillow cases to ACH Goal: 150 To Date: 0
- Nap Mats to Transforming Women’s Lives Goal: 100 To Date: 13 24”x36”, 36”x48, or 24”x48”
- March Meeting: Winnie Flemming will be our speaker at this meeting. She is an expert in borders and will give us insight that will be helpful with the borders on our Medallion quilts.
- July Meeting: Jacquie Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio will be with us for our meeting. Jacquie is the President of the Modern Quilt Guild and will give a trunk show of her beautiful quilts. We will also be having a workshop with her, the details to come.
- October Meeting: Melissa Eubanks of My Fabric Relish will be our speaker. She will also teach a workshop on her Prickly Flower Quilt at Sew Fabricated on Saturday, October 22, more info to follow.
- Retreats: We will be joining another group at Our House in Milford on June 20-24, 2016. This weekday retreat will cost $240 plus taxes (around $253) per person. It’s a great venue with lots of space and light, nice accommodations and all meals are provided. More information to follow about this and another retreat.
- Block Printing: April 5th, 10am-2pm at Sew Fabricated
- Slow - Stitch Saturday: 3rd Saturday - February 20th, 1-4pm at 1533 Merrimac Circle, Suite 101, Fort Worth
- Sewcials: 2nd Saturdays 9am - 1pm and 4th Mondays 5 - 8pm at The Fire Station Community Center, 1601 Lipscomb St, Fort Worth 76104 Starting in March.
- Dallas Quilt Show: March 11-13 at Dallas Market Hall
- Arlington Quilt Show: April 22-23, entries due March 21st, quilts due April 20, website: http://qgoa.org/quilt-show/
Before I go, I want to thank Jeanne Lobsinger for taking all the photos and posting them to Instagram for us this month! Its a huge job, and you were fantastic!!!! Have a great month everyone and I hope to see you in March for a speaker - Winning Flemming!