Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Big news, folks. The Michael Miller Challenge has a new due date: JULY 25th! If anyone who didn't sign up by the cutoff date is interested in participating, let Jenn know asap as there may be some open spots left. We're already starting to see hints of what people are coming up with and they are p-r-e-t-t-y!
FWMQG May Meeting Agenda
May 15, 2014
- Welcome! Please sign in!
- Introduction of guests
- Treasurer's report
- Membership report
- Ice breaker
- Geese reveal
- Committee meetings / break
- Let's make a deal
- April BOM sharing
- May BOM reveal
- Denyse Schmidt - who is she and why should I care?
- Show and Share
- Participation prizes!
- Michael Miller Challenge extension and fabric wait list
- No new challenge for this month to allow for time to work on the MM challenge
- Sign up for new t-shirts if interested - $15
- Old t-shirts for sale next month - $5 (see Jenn for size availability)
- Tear away challenge in July
- Quilt Con - volunteers, hotel info, registration info updates
- June program - don't miss it!
If you have an announcement to submit, it must be sent to the board no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting. Other announcements for the newsletter should be sent in by the 5th of the month.
Such beautiful stars! Absolutely loving how each BOM block is turning out. Way to be creative and inspirational, everyone!
DemosLizzie showed us how to make a pressing board for cheapsies -- this is a must-do! And Jenn, January, and Maureen presented different ways to sew curved pieces. Don't fear the drunkard's path! It's much easier than you may think!!!
Show and Share
I'm always impressed with what people bring for show and share. They're absolutely gorgeous, ladies! Keep bringing your projects in as we all love to see what everyone's been working on.